Even though I complain all the time about hating to do resolutions, I still manage to make a list. I like lists, I enjoy making them and I enjoy crossing stuff off. So, without further ado, here’s what I hope to accomplish in 2012 (in no particular order):
- Get bangs. I love bangs, but after a while I get tired. I found a haircut that I love and back in October, I found a stylist that I like, so I hope to get into the spirit of spring with a new haircut and bangs to match.
- Sell my car.
- But first I need to *finally* get the papers in order. It still has an ON title.
- Ask for a raise, because I deserve it, and I want it.
- Visit the family and stay a few days without worrying about money. Possibly attend my nephew’s birthday.
- Attend hon’s defense and graduation.
- Make a dent on credit card debt #3, the smallest one (thought it’s still pretty significant).
- Attend a national meeting of my discipline or at least sub-field.
- Appear on a publication, even if it’s in the acknowledgments.
- Write an entry once a week.
- Make dinner at home, at least 1 week of every month (it costs me as much to dine out as to buy groceries and cook, so I opt to (mostly) eat out and work late).
- Tell annoying family member to fuck off if he keeps harassing me.
- Try a few new places to eat, especially around my neighbourhood (not that I don’t love you y’all, but you know, I need variety).
- Walk more, eat less, drink more water.
- Find a good, local brewery and try a new beer every month (suggestions are more than appreciated, also #drunksci).