A collection of random thoughts while I wait for the rain to tone down a bit so I can get to the apartment.
- Ever since I moved to the city I’ve had men, of all sorts of backgrounds, colours and beliefs make comments. Anything from “mami you have a pretty smile” to “hot damn” … even in my not-so-hot-damn days. Seriously, while it may be “cute” to walk past a construction site and have a couple of men remark on how pretty/hot/nice you look. It gets irritating when you get it on a constant basis. Ask yourself, how would you feel if I was making comments, however well-meaning or intentioned, anytime you walk past me. No, I am not your reina, mamasita, grrrr, HOPA or anything like it. In fact, I’m not one. I’m a busy scientist, without make up, and extra weight. When you do that I just want to punch you. I don’t like it, it doesn’t make me smile. It makes me pretty darn uncomfortable. Reminds me a bit of this.
- Hon is back home. We had a wonderful couple of days together. I miss him, his smile, his touch, his sense of humour, his … everything. Having your best friend gone sucks. Sometimes it almost hurts to breathe. I can’t wait to see him again. I can’t wait to explore the city with him.
- Work is going good. I seriously learn something new each day. I have regular staff meetings (which I keep calling lab meetings) that last for hours on end. My boss has a shifting mood, so you never know what to expect. That makes it hard sometimes. My labmates are awesome, and it feels really good.
- I haven’t found a more permanent living solution. Hopefully I’ll beat the hordes of students coming to the city and find a cute and not so tiny place. We’ll see. I’m afraid.
- I’m doing groceries online. I love it.
- I’ve become addicted to Chobani‘s pineapple yogurt. And here I thought things didn’t get better past strawberry.
- I bought a bed and the furniture/delivery people assembled it. I’m afraid of what’s going to happen once I move. I like to take things apart, don’t get me wrong. It’s just too much work.
- Lately I’ve been thinking that if I have kids at some point, it’s going to be so cool to tell them about all the places I’ve lived.
- I’m more or less back to Twitter after a hiatus.
- I got a guest blogging gig … which I need to start pronto.
- I’m starting on a debt “diet” … but it won’t cover the debts I got in thanks to my dad. For reasons I can’t discuss they won’t be covered. This means there may be a legal battle looming, which I’m not too excited about.
- I still need to move my stuff to the city. Not looking forward to this.
- Finally got around to order some business cards. They’re very me, and they were cheap. Let’s see how this turns out.
- I’m thinking I need to get another umbrella. Mine is totally fine, but I almost always forget it at home, so I’m thinking of having one at work … for days like today.
Totally random, see?