So, following in the footsteps of one of my fave bloggers, Red, I’m compiling a list of 30 things I’d like to do before I turn 30 (which will happen in 2011, I’m turning 28 in ~4 weeks, YAY!).
Here we go intertube beetchez:
- Cut my hair, again, super short like when I was in college. See, I’ve always had medium length to long hair and when I was in college I decided to do something drastic and chop off ~10 inches of hair one Friday afternoon. I look at pictures of me back then and I totally dig the look, but since I’m overweight right now (I was ~140, size 6-8, now I’m 183, size 12-14) I need to … DONE. As of 09-21-09 my hair ifsofficially short. Not super, super short, but definitely a lot shorter than usual :-D. At the end of April 2010 I got a stylist which gave me the most awesome haircut. Thank you Carmen!
- Lose those darn 43 pounds, or at least get back to the 145-155 range. Stupid grad school stress is driving me nuts. I cannot sleep well unless it’s a Saturday, therefore …
- I need to finish my PhD. I started this thing back in 2003 and I need to finish pronto so I can move in with the boyfriend, start a new job, travel all the way north so I can … DONE
- Relocate to Canada. Yup, that’s right, I will be moving to eastern Canada sometime around the summer. Don’t be fooled, the Ice Box gets pretty darn hot in the summer … and of course SUPER cold in the *gulp* 8 months of friggin’ cold weather, but I’m in love with the dude and I must go if we want to have this thing work out without the long distance we’ve had for 2 or the 4 years we’ve been together. DONE
- Saw my own bikini or bathing suit, because I like the fit of some undies I would like to have swim apparel sawn by me which fits like it should, not like a store bought thing. Nice fitting undies would be the way to guide my creation.
- Get a 2nd tattoo …. I’m a Nintendo Freak, thus I’m in love with those 1Up mushroom tats that look pixelated. They look so very cute and remind me of my childhood.
- Visit my grams tomb more often. I don’t visit it very often because though she’s been dead for more than 10 years, I still miss her like crazy. I love to talk to her, I think her soul is now part of the universe, but still, I’d like to talk to her there.
- Buy a kick a** DSLR so I can snap kick a** pics of everything I like and post them on my Flickr.
- Pay off all of my credit card debt, which now is ~20K. I hope to get rid of two of them this year … we’ll see.
If I have a kid before 30, have a natural birth.Turned 30 in July, and definitely, NOT planning on any kids this year, or next, or the one after that.
- Live for a few months, if not 1 year without coke or any carbonated drinks.
- Go back to Europe and spend a LOT less, preferably after paying off credit card debt and use cash only. Done BITCHEZ!! Blog post coming soon (as of Sept 3, 2010). Yeeepeeeeee.
- Throw away, donate or sell everything I don’t need and live a simpler life … without too much stuff. DONE … because of #4 … it feels great 🙂
- Have my own website and learn HTML, Perl, Java, etc….
- Get Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator. The boyfriend bought a new computer which came with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements, so I can mark this one off. I really enjoy working with PS.
- Get a kick a** laptop.
- Get waxed or lasered on a regular basis so I can kiss goodbye to the annoying hairs on my legs.
- Get laser treatment for acne scars.
- Plant my own garden and grow my own fruits and veggies, or at least my own lavender so I can make my own yummy smelling soaps 🙂
- Get a best female friend with whom I can share girl-stuff that might bore my BF (bless his heart), go shopping, waxing, etc.
- Fix my lovely college watch and use it again … but # 2 HAS to come true in order for it to fit :-S
- Run a 5k or something similar once I’m fit so I can stop feeling like a slob
- Get a nice check up of my tubes and uterus to see why I keep having painful periods …. or remove them if possible (I know it’s crazy, but I’m tired of the stupid pain) …. at least I’ll know if I can bear children or not.
- Go thrifting at least once to see what’s all about. Where we live a bunch of people throw out tons of stuff, so instead of thrifting, we free-cycle. That’s how I got my computer monitor, a chair for our dining table and a coffee table. I’ve also gotten a couple more things, especially decorative stuff.
- Go to a spa.
- Visit Chicago & San Fran … two cities I’ve heard great stuff about but never visited 😦
- Go back to Amherst, MA and spend a day or two there so I can reminisce of my lovely summer there.
- Visit Cape Hatteras and spend the day snapping pics of the lovely lighthouse there 🙂
- Sponsor my local public radio/TV station.
Here you have it friends of the interwebz. Now share yours!